Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Big 3-0!

So last weekend it happened...I turned 30! Since Brad threw me the pre-emptive, super surprise, she ain't 30 yet birthday last year, my 30th birthday was pretty low-key. I told Brad that I wanted to swim in Barton Springs and eat at Hula Hut. I got my wish and we had a great time. Anna went swimming with the salamanders in the constant level 68 degree water. Later in the day we went to a friends house for a birthday party and Anna got to meet many of our Austin friends made some of her own.

Turning 30 wasn't so bad...in fact, I feel like these are the best years of my life...I am more comfortable with who I am (although am still insecure at times), more comfortable with how I look (although am reminded of how out of touch I am with the latest fashion trends when I enter any mall in Dallas), and more comfortable with being a woman, wife, and now a mom (although still have LOTS to learn in these areas).

Hanging out with some of mommy's old coworkers from TCEQ.

Lunch at the Hula Hut - an Austin original.

Splashing around in Barton Springs.

Anna with her new friends.

Anna tolerating the twins :)

Mommies!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is alot of babies! So cute.

    I need a tubular taco from Hula Hut. Mmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Glad you had a fun weekend! Can't believe she was happy in that COLD water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aack! I've been so caught up in myself that I completely forgot to wish you a happy birthday!!! I'm so sorry Kelli! Hope this year is better than ever!

    ReplyDelete