Saturday, March 6, 2010

10 Months!


The other day Brad was like "Anna isn't really a baby anymore but she isn't a toddler yet either...she is a bobbler." So we have thrown that into the mix of nicknames for her. Here's what the bobbler has been up to lately...

- She took her first plane ride when we went to Florida. She did great and didn't cry at all, but she didn't want to sleep either. She was too busy saying "Hi" to people that passed by and trying to get the attention of the people sitting around us. This forced me out of my comfort zone because I had to socialize with everyone too!


- She has become a cuddlebug! From the moment she could lift her head after only a few weeks of life, she would not just lay on my shoulder and cuddle. I discovered that if I put her lovie on my shoulder she will lay her head down and start sucking her thumb. She won't fall asleep and usually pops her head up after a few seconds but I take what I can get!


- She has started dancing to music we play for her and the songs that her toys play. One of her favorite songs is Put a Ring on It by Beyonce. As Brad says, it is a good song for her to hear because the message is empowering for single women :) It is interesting to me that we are wired from a young age to move to a beat but as we get older we become too self-conscious to bust out in a dance when we hear a song. I wonder at what age this begins to happen...hope Anna will always want to dance like nobody is watching! Reminds me of one of my favorite youtube videos.

- She progressed from the army crawl to crawling on all fours. She only crawls long enough to get somewhere she can pull up on, usually that is me. I know this will get old, but I think it is so cute when I am standing in the kitchen and she pulls up on me and holds on to my let. Now that Anna is mobile, I'm feeling sorry for Kia, our 16 year old puppy. At least for now she is still faster than the bobbler.


2 comments:

  1. Go Anna, good crawling Bobbler! Poor Kia is in for some fun chases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bobbler, i like it! she keeps getting cuter with every picture you post.

    ReplyDelete