Thursday, October 20, 2011

Everything's Bigger in Texas

Including the state fair which is the biggest in the country! The girls and I made the trek to Dallas to meet up with some friends at the state fair and had so much fun. When I first moved to Dallas, I vowed to make it a tradition to go to the fair every year. Now that we are 45 minutes away and parking alone is $15!, I think we may go every couple of years.

Coming through! We each had a two year old and a baby rolling around in our big, wide strollers. (Before you start thinking we are BOB snobs, all of us got our strollers secondhand. Please note to my friends with new BOB strollers, I'm not implying that you are a snob.:)
These three little friends; Emery Kate, Anna, and Luke were so cute together.Clapping at the dog show.Children's Hospital sponsors an amazing petting zoo every year. I bought Anna a cup of feed and in the chaos of tons of little ones running around, keeping track of a 2 year old, bouncing a baby on my hip and attempting to document the with experience with photos, I didn't read the sign that said to use shovels to dispense feed to the animals.
Within seconds this goat gobbled up the feed, yanked the cup out of Anna's hand and ate the cup as well. Lesson learned.
The piggies were her favorite and she kept saying "oh, dear" like piglet from Winnie the Pooh.
We also got to see a kangaroo with a baby in its pouch! See the little legs sticking out?
These sweet baby girls, Haven and Molly, took cat naps while their big sisters were off being farmers.

I think it is the biologist in me that loves to see the bird show every year. They also have a great conservation program they raise money for. For the most part, Anna was more excited about the animal crackers she was eating than the falcon that flew from the top of the ferris wheel down to where we were. I'll give her a couple more years.

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures. I cracked up at your BOB comment. We went to the State Fair for the first time with the twins and they had a blast. Their highlight was the ferris wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats too funny!! I always think people look at me with my BOB and think snob too, but mine was a gift so not a snob either :)

    ReplyDelete