Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Christmas Round One

  We made a quick trip down to Austin the weekend before Christmas with my sister's family to celebrate with my dad and brother.  Grandpa Gene met us there and got to meet Caleb for the first time.
 
 What a precious lapful of grandbabies.
 We all met up with Michael, Helen, Jenna and Jeri and went to Phil's for dinner then said goodbye to Grandpa Gene.  The rest of us went to the Trail of Lights.  This was a Christmas tradition for Brad and I when we lived in Austin and I was so excited for the girls to get to experience it.
 
 Of course, we went straight to the tree to spin under the lights.  Anna was attached to Jenna the whole night.  Jenna was so sweet with her and either held her hand or carried her at all times.
 
 
  Anna and Jeri spinning together.
I loved being able to take my girls to a place with such special memories for me and had so much fun initiating them into the traditions there.
After walking the entire trail, these girls were completely worn out!  Haven was trying to lay on Brad's head to sleep.

Again, Anna with Jenna.
Although we only got to see everyone for just a few hours, it was so good to be with my family that doesn't live in the metroplex.  It just doesn't happen often enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment