Monday, May 17, 2010

Spring in Dallas

We have really been enjoying the last couple of months and have spent as much time as possible outside. One of our favorite places to hang out at is the Arboretum. It is also a great place to take pictures of Anna and all her little cousins.
A couple weeks ago, one of my mom's groups took a trip to Gnismer Farms to go strawberry picking. I envisioned myself picking buckets of stawberries with Anna happily strapped to my back like the babies we saw in the fields of Uganda. Well, little missy had other plans and did not want to be in the Beco. Instead, she wanted me to hold her hand to help her walk which made picking stawberries a bit harder. She also screamed much of the time because she wanted to eat the strawberries but couldn't because they had fertilizer on them. Oh well, it was still a fun experience and I am looking forward to taking her back next year.

Growing up in Central Texas, every spring we would see fields of Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushes and take pictures in them. So I was bound and determined to find a field in Dallas and start the tradition of taking pictures in the bluebonnnets with Anna. I kept my eye out and never saw more than a few flowers on the sides of busy highways. I turned to the internet and searched all over mom forums. I googled "bluebonnet fields in Dallas" and came up with a couple leads but they were on the other side of town (which could easily be an hour drive). Finally, I read about a field that wasn't too far away. When we got there, it was by no means a field but I called it good and snapped a couple of cute shots. If anyone in Dallas knows of a better field that I can go to next year, please let me know!


As the temperatures rise and spring slips into summer, we are looking forward to sunscreen and swimsuits!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you finally found your bluebonnets. I thought about you when I drove past that field in Rowlett...but it was too far away! She's really cute in this one, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete