Sunday, October 10, 2010

Howdy Cowtown

I actually cringe when people refer to Fort Worth as Cowtown. Don't get me wrong, I love the cowboy culture here (I was born and raised in Texas) but it is only a small part of the city. There is a vibrant downtown, amazing arts district, live music and one of the best zoos in the nation, just to name a few things. These attractions are part of what brought us to Fort Worth, and we live only 5 minutes from all of it! Doesn't that make you want to come and visit??? Oh, and I also love that the city logo is a longhorn so it is on everything...including our trash can.
Moving is painful, not just the physical act of moving but the emotional toll it takes as well. Leaving friends and comfort, trying to make new friends, however; we believe it will be worth it in the long run and plan to grow deep roots in our new city.
Home Sweet Home. The big red oak tree and the front porch is what sold us.

We are very thankful and feel blessed to be able to raise our little family here.

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures as I've heard all about the house but it's nice to actually "see" it. And I can't believe how big Anna is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the front of the house!! It is so cute. Can't wait to come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it too, kelli - it is so, so beautiful! i can't wait to visit your new home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait.. you're already decorating for the fall?? I've been in the same house for almost 4 years and haven't gotten that far yet! Kudos to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the house. It is adorable! EK misses anna already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful house! I'm so glad you're liking fort worth. :-)

    ReplyDelete