Monday, January 31, 2011

Christmas Stockings & 2011 Goals

I love reading other blogs to get ideas, inspiration and even encouragment. I came across this blog with a great idea for both a Christmas and New Year's tradition that we started this year. Before we packed our Christmas decorations away, we wrote a list of our goals for the next year and slipped them into our stockings. It will be fun to open them up next Christmas to see how well we met our goals (or to laugh at what we wrote down). I'll admit, I kind of like making goals in this way because it makes us think about what we would like to achieve, but doesn't carry the pressure of a New Year's Resolution.

Some of my goals that I am willing to share are:
  • Run a half-marathon sometime after the baby comes
  • Keep up with the blog
  • Memorize scripture (I'm following the Colossians in a Year Plan by Ann Voskamp and have actually stuck with it so far - it is not too late if you want to join in!)
  • Pray more regularly for my husband

Some of Anna's Goals

  • Become potty-trained
  • Start to memorize scripture
  • Be the best big sister in the world to her baby sister

We even made some simple goals for Baby Sissy too. Can't wait to open these stocking stuffers next year!

1 comment: