Thursday, September 22, 2011

4 Months!

Baby girl is now 4 months and hitting a bunch of developmental milestones all at once. It always amazes me that one day she can't do something and the next, she suddenly can! She started rolling a few weeks ago and I always find her at the opposite end of the crib from where I laid her down. So different from Anna who didn't move in her crib until she was about 9 months. I have a feeling Haven will be mobile a lot sooner than Anna. Here are her stats:

Height: 27 in. ~99%
Weight: 19 lbs. 7 oz. ~ 99%
Head: 41.5 in. ~ 50%

Within a 3 day period she found her feet,discovered how yummy they were,
and then discovered that her 2 fingers were pretty yummy too. I'm so thankful because once she gets a hold of them, she falls right to sleep.The rest of her hair is finally starting to catch up to what I call her "little old man hair" in the back.Aren't little baby feet the cutest? One little quirk that only a mommy notices is that she likes to curl up the toes on her right foot. She is such a snuggle! She is so big and squishy but doesn't try to squirm away yet. My favorite time of the day is when I get her in the morning and nurse and snuggle with her until Anna wakes up.
These two are really sweet together. Just recently, Haven has started to become more interested and amused by Anna. I think before, she was just in survival mode when Anna would come near her. This month, they started sharing a room and Brad and I really think they comfort each other. I think this is why the transition has gone so well. As sweet as they can be, I am starting to see glimpses of what the future may hold. The other day, Anna tattled on her 4 month old sister for hitting her and pulling her hair. I told Anna that she is lucky her little sister can't talk yet. Case in point, the two bite marks I found on Haven's arm. Anna has never even been a biter! At the end of the day, I wouldn't want to spend my days any other way than with these little girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment