Saturday, November 26, 2011

6 Months!


This little girl keeps us smiling from all the joy she brings to our family (I think I say this in each monthly post:) and has also been keeping us entertained with all her advancements this month. As I was selecting pictures for this post and looking at her cute, smiley, chubbiness, I just wanted to go wake her up from her crib and hug her!
The highlight of turning 6 months was getting her first taste of solids! With both of my girls, I waited until the day they turned 6 months to let them have a taste of real food (if you call baby oatmeal real food). Why rush it? It was no surprise to us that Haven loved it and started grabbing the spoon and putting it to her mouth after the first bite.
We have been talking about Haven starting solids for about a week and Anna could not wait to help. She had a lot of practice feeding Haven with imaginary food from a doll spoon and Haven always went along with it, leaving her mouth hanging open between each "bite". Anna would even let Haven know when they were finishing up by telling her "last bite!".
While she still loves to eat books, this month she also got interested in turning the pages. This makes reading with her a lot more fun! Selecting and reading different children's books is probably one of my favorite activities to do with the girls.
I guess what everyone says about a second child is true, trying to keep up with their older sibling helps them to become mobile a lot faster. I had to put away the bouncy chair after I put her in it and then came back a minute later to find her like this:
I also realized it is time to drop the crib after I set her down and came back to find her like this:
These two make each other smile and laugh more each day. When Anna was Haven's age, I remember, especially after nursing, how she would just stare at me and smile. The minute Haven is done, she starts straining her neck to look for her sister...a little bittersweet for me.
Just a couple more cute pics. :)

1 comment:

  1. she is adorable! i just want to squeeze her :)

    ReplyDelete