Thursday, March 8, 2012

Like Mother, Like Daughter

This is a picture of me when I was 9 months old.
I did my best to recreate the picture with Haven at 9 months, and I think I got pretty close.
I love it when people say she looks like me. It is a little early to tell, but her personality seems to be similar to mine as well.

The other day I was snapping close-ups of her sweet face and after I took this one, I opened the camera to view the image.
Tears immediately welled up in my eyes.
Just seeing that little smiling face and everything it represents...life, innocence, hope, sweetness, pure JOY, a sister, a daughter - my daughter - His daughter, a little soul.
I was just overwhelmed with emotion for her.
Then I quickly snapped this picture of the two of us. My eyes were still wet from the tears.
I'm thankful for this blog that helps me to remember precious moments like this one.

4 comments:

  1. wow Haven looks just like you!!! That is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok she looks JUST like you! I love it! The sweetest post. I love your heart for your daughters. It is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the sweetest post - you guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious post. And you and Haven are delightfully twin-like! I love it and I love the sentiment you captured so gracefully.

    ReplyDelete