Wednesday, February 6, 2013

3 and a Half

 Since Anna is almost closer to 4 than 3 and a half, I wanted to get a post up about this little phase of her life.

-Overall, I think the first half of three was the most challenging for me and the second half seems to be getting easier.   Anna is more independent and doesn't have as many meltdowns over little things anymore.  She is still very much a creature of habit and doesn't like if her normal routine is unexpectedly interrupted. 

-Still a mommy's girl, but never demands that only I do things anymore.  She used to always want me to be the one to put her in her carseat, brush her teeth, read her a bedtime story, etc.  Daddy and I are both relieved!

-She is so much fun to run errands with!  On the weekends, if I have to run somewhere, I always ask if she wants to come. 
On one of our errand runs she wanted to rest in the cart. I love this pic because it shows how eventhough she doesn't suck her thumb anymore, she still touches her belly button for comfort. She is still little.

-Fights going potty almost every.single.time.  The girl just doesn't like to have to stop what she is doing to pee.  This can really wear me out, but she assures me when she turns 4, she will stop this.
-Hasn't napped in months, but does a good quiet time.  She really likes to get books on tape from the library and always memorizes them during her quiet time.  Then she is so proud to read them to me.  Her quiet time is rarely quiet, sometimes she talks the entire time!
-Has a pretty active imagination and loves to pretend play with toy animals.  She also always requests for us to tell her stories and sometimes makes up her own.  She pushes my limits of creativity which is a good thing!
Being silly at the wind exhibit of the children's museum.
-Loves to do starfall on the computer and has memorized all the little songs.  Throughout the day, she is often singing songs from school, church and starfall.
-Especially loves to pretend to be a cat.  At first I thought it was a phase, but it has gone on for months.  She will even get other kids to go along with it and they will bring her cat food, walk her on a leash, etc.  I was talking with a mom of three older children about it, telling her that sometimes it is a little awkward when she is acting like a cat in certain situations, and she said "Oh, don't worry about it! One day you won't even remember that she ever did it.".  That was so good for me to hear!

-Is in to practicing her letters on the magnadoodle and with chalk.  Has started the first stages of reading by sounding out letters.  One day, three different people told me about BOB books, so I purchased some off Amazon.  She was interested in them and has read the first two.  Most days, she would rather pretend play with me than read so we don't pick them up very often.
-She is really starting to think about what she is learning about God and things from the Bible.  One morning right when she woke up, she said "Mommy, if we don't praise God, the rocks will. Can you imagine that?!".  That day, we spent a lot of time listening to worship music, praising God. Later she was telling people that the rocks won't have to praise God because we did.
I loved writing this post and reflecting on my sweet 3 year old! 

2 comments:

  1. So nice to document all of these things - I need to do the same. We love the Bob books too! I love to see her sweet heart praising God...following in her mommy & daddy's footsteps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful, sweetness she has! i loved reading this post - happy half birthday, anna!

    ReplyDelete