Monday, May 13, 2013

Flip, Turn, Tumble and Play Birthday

 
 I love that the girls both have May birthdays and we can celebrate them with one big party.
This was the first year we didn't host something at our house and instead, had a gymnastics party at our YMCA.
All of the kids had a blast on all the appartuses and I think Haven had a smile on her face almost the entire time - success!
I love preparing for and celebrating their birthdays with lots of family and friends, but the parties are always such a blur.
I'm so thankful to Aunt Courtney for taking my camera and snapping lots of pics to capture the memories.  

 
 

Funny, this was one of the only pictures of her that wasn't blurry because she was on the move the whole time.



Almost all of the DFW area cousins were able to make it.





Love how Grandy is always willing to get down on the ground and play with her grandbabies.

And several special friends came to. 




 After the play time was over, they all got medals for their awesome skills.
 
So after I already booked the gymnastics party, Anna started begging me to have her party at Chuck E. Cheese.
The last time she had been there was  one and a half years ago for cousin Lucas' 4th birthday.
For half a second, I considered letting her have her birthday there and quickly snapped back into reality.
I talked with her more about it, and what she really wanted was to get to wear a crown like Lucas did.
I was like "a crown...you can definitely wear a crown...anything for you birthday girl!" (except for a Chuck E. Cheese birthday, of course).
I found these crowns at Hobby Lobby and they even got to decorate them on their own. 



The cake was from Central Market and so good!  
Just one small detail was missing from the decoration - a second girl.  
I gave them the invitation to copy and I guess they decided they didn't have room for two girls.  
I joked that obviously the lady decorating the cake was not a mom.  
Anna quickly declared the girl was her and thankfully was still to young to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment