Saturday, June 28, 2014

7 & 8 Months

 Sweet boy!  These couple of months were a blur because we sold our house in Fort Worth and moved to Austin.  You were a trooper through it all and remained your laid back self amidst the chaos.  As hard as moving was with 3 little ones, I couldn't have asked for a better baby during that time.  
At 7 months you started sitting up alone.  It was such a sweet phase because you just stayed in one place so content with a few toys.  It is also a fun phase because you sit up in the bathtub and in the grocery cart.  Taking just you on errands on Tuesdays when the girls were at preschool was so easy!
Since you had been eating for a couple months, I had given you many things and you loved it all.  One little quirk about you is that whenever you finish nursing or eating, you scream and throw yourself back like you are having a mini tantrum.  You just do this for a few seconds and then get your thumb and you are happy again.  Your sisters love to feed you puffs and sneak some for themselves while they are at it. 
 
Our house also looked like a daycare because you used about every baby apparatus including the swing, bouncer, johnny jumper and excersaucer.  I rotated you around to keep you happy while I was packing.
 
 You are usually just in a onesie, but I like dressing you up like a little teenager for church, Adidas and all.

 
By 8 months you started developing separation anxiety.  I tried leaving you in the nursery at church a couple times and you wouldn't have it for more than a few minutes.  You are happy to go with people you know well though.
When you wake up from nap or in the morning, I will find you sitting up in your crib often sucking your thumb.  It is so precious to see you take your thumb out and open you whole mouth in a big smile when you see me coming to get you.  
Your sisters are very entertaining and I've noticed you have fear of missing out if you aren't in the same room as them.  You also want to stay up as late as they do at night!
 
 You are still snuggly and occasionally still fall asleep on me. As cuddly as you are, you are equally playful and active. I really try to soak up these times of snuggling and playing because I know they how fleeting they are. 

 
 
 I love you my little bubbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment