Tuesday, April 6, 2010

11 Months!

Wow, this is my last monthly post before she turns one. The thought makes tears well up in my eyes as I write this. Each month brings so much change and so much joy. I feel like this month has been characterized by Anna's evolving communication skills. For example:

1) She has started to do the sign for milk (cute, but just because she does the sign doesn't mean she gets some :) and all done. She doesn't quite understand exactly when to do the all done sign because I think she also uses it to mean more. She has been waving for awhile but now does it almost anytime we say bye-bye.


2) Anyone that has been around her for more than a few minutes knows that her favorite word to say is "Hi" and she will say it to people repeatedly. She has figured out that it always gets a good reaction. She also says mama, dada, buh for bird and da-ah-ga for dog (somehow she has turned it into a three syllable word).

3) When we sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes she will put her hand from her head to her shoulders.

4) She is even more interactive with her little friends, especially the little boy named Sam that I watch. He is three months older than her and has started asking for Nanna whenever she is napping. They are so precious together.

Anna also has quite the appetite these days. It seems like she eats as much as I do. She is only 1/5th my size...either I'm not eating enough or she is eating too much! When she is sitting in the high chair waiting for her food, she rocks back and forth, kicks her legs and does this funny little laugh in excitement and anticipation of her meal. Must be my awesome cooking...ha, ha, ha.

She is very into books and will sit and "read" for several minutes. When I am reading to her she wants to turn the pages faster than I can read so I have learned to improvise.


She loves to walk around with my help and now only needs to hold one of my hands. She still needs a little more confidence to try to stand by herself or take steps on her own.

6 comments:

  1. She is so cute, Kelli! I can't believe how "grown up" she is getting. I know what you mean about the appetite...frequently the twins eat as much or more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. soooo sweet!!! Loved the videos! That hand thing is SOO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i showed your post to luke and said "who is that?" and he said "nanna"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelli, I can't believe she is 11 months! crazy! Love that picture of her with sam. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so precious!! I can't wait to see you guys next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a bookworm already! my kinda girl :)

    ReplyDelete