Sunday, April 18, 2010

Big D Half

Since Anna was born, I have slowly been getting back into running with thoughts of doing a half-marathon. My main motivation for this was that when I was training for a marathon back in 2006, I would see these cute moms running with happy babies in jogging strollers around Ladybird Lake. I told myself that I wanted to be like that when I became a mom. Well surprise, surprise, that wasn't enough motivation for me to run the long distances. In comes Virginie...we recently became running buddies after she said her goal was also to run a half marathon. She has run them in the past but not since her knee surgery.

We picked the Big D Half Marathon and ran it last weekend. The course went through some of the prettiest neighborhoods in Dallas and everything was in bloom which made the scenery even better. The best part of the race was seeing Brad and Anna at mile 8. As I ran past them, I gave them both a quick kiss (something else I always wanted to do after seeing moms do this during races:).

Me, Virginie, and her husband Casey

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Kelli, congrats on doing that. I've never run a real race (more than 5k) but I bet it would be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go kelli! you are one of those cute moms who is a runner!

    ReplyDelete