Thursday, September 2, 2010

60 Years Young and Retired!!!

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what the sunflowers do. - Helen Keller

My mom (who now prefers to go by Gigi) qualified for her teacher's retirement this year and turned 60, so we wanted to do something special to celebrate. We decided to have a party while we were at the lake and invite her friends to come join us. Anyone who knows my mom even a little bit, knows that she loves sunflowers. I thought that would be the perfect theme for the party and found some cute decoration ideas online.

The party was everything I hoped it would be for my mom! The best part of the evening was when we all went around and shared a memory about her. It was great because her brother, sister and college roommate were there, as well as several teacher friends. We got to hear stories from all phases of her life and I even learned some new things I had never heard! Mom Gigi is not one to shy away from attention, so she was loving every second of it and added some stories of her own.

She is a woman who has touched the lives of her family, children, grandchildren, friends as well as countless students, so it was a great opportunity to honor and celebrate her!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! Love the decor! Great job Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a precious party! You did a great job and I am sure your mom felt so loved and honored!

    ReplyDelete