Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lake LBJ 2010

For the third year in a row, my family met up at Lake LBJ for a little summer vacation. This year was so much better than last year since we had sunshine the entire time. The cousins who were just babies last summer were toddling around and keeping up with Lucas. This year was also special because we had a 60th birthday/retirement party for my mom (that will be a separate post). Her sister and brother and his family came down all the way from Colorado for the occasion.

We rented a pontoon boat and had a blast!

Anna with my Aunt Monica and cousin Shea.

Lucas driving the boat with Uncle Brad.

For old times sake, my sister and I rode the inner tube together. I can remember hanging on for dear life as a kid while my dad tried to throw us off. Fortunately for us since we are old now, the pontoon boat couldn't go very fast and we stayed on the whole time!

At exactly 15 months old, Anna took her first ride on the inner tube (remember I said the boat couldn't go very fast). She did great and was even waving at people!

At almost 60 years old, Gigi got on the tube and held on the whole time eventhough her little brother tried his hardest to throw her off.

Lake hair.

Anna ate her first popsicle and loved it.

Gigi having a picnic with her favorite grandchild (totally kidding mom and Karri!).

The house we stayed at was awesome and had everything you could think of, including a paddle boat.

There were also ducks that swam up every morning to get breakfast from the little ones.

Anna was torn between feeding the bread to the ducks and eating it herself.

My sister and I with our babies toddlers who are only one month apart.

In the end, it was time to clean up...

and give hugs goodbye.

Until next year!

3 comments:

  1. Precious post! Love the lake hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. Look like you guys had a great time. I can't believe how big Anna has gotten since I saw her last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you posted this! What a great time with family!

    ReplyDelete