Monday, February 14, 2011

My Loves


This sweet little girl woke up to a Valentine card and chocolates waiting for her on her highchair. I love that her dad is showing her how a girl should be treated from such a young age. He is setting a high standard.

I used to roll my eyes at Valentine's Day, even after I had a steady Valentine. I went along with the notion that it is over commercialized and that celebrating it was not a genuine way to express love for your partner. I think (hope) I have become less cynical over time (for several reasons) and now I look forward to this day. Brad and I never do anything extravagant or spend much money. Instead, I try to come up with something thoughtful to express my love for my husband. While I should do that more often and more spontaneously, Valentine's Day is a good motivator.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment