Friday, March 11, 2011

Spring Fun

Anna and I have been trying to take advantage of the spring weather and these last few months as just the two of us by getting outside every chance we get. I call her my little buddy because whereever I go, she goes. It has been such a sweet time easing into motherhood with Anna. While part of me will miss the simplicity of raising one child, I am truly looking forward to all that this new little baby girl will bring to our family.

We got a zoo membership since we live less than 10 minutes from one of the best zoos in the country. Before I put Anna down for a nap the other day, I told her we were going to the zoo once she woke up. As soon as I opened the door to get her up, she screamed "ZOO!" and started rattling off the names of all the animals. A child's excitement is so contagious! (I know the glasses in the picture make her look like such a geek, but they are the only ones she will keep on her face!)

We have been going to several playgrounds in the area and Anna has gained so much confidence. She no longer wants me to hold her hand as she goes down the slide and when she does something on her own exclaims "I did it by self!".


She LOVES playing with her girl cousins and was giddy during the entire 35 min. drive to see them the other day. While we were playing in the backyard, they all wanted to sit on soccer balls. Considering all the soccer players on the Bruce side of the family, I see some level of soccer in our future.

Gotta love the dollar bins at Target where we got this sidewalk chalk.

I put her in a bathing suit for the first time this season and she kept pulling at it and looking for her tummy. She finally managed to get to it so she could suck her thumb and rub her belly button at the same time. Sorry daddy, but I think she might have to get a two piece this year. :)

Since we moved to Fort Worth, Anna had made a new little friend named Andrew who she plays so well with. His mom was also pregnant so we were meeting up for walks and playtime for the kids. Sadly for me, I lost my walking partner this week because Lauren just had her little girl, Lily! It will be fun to get together with all 4 kiddos in a couple months.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the soccer ball pic! A little foreshadowing... awesome! So funny with the bathing suit too! Love sweet Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfull childhood you are giving her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Lance Armstrong sunglasses. :-)

    We heart our Anna girl.

    ReplyDelete