Thursday, March 24, 2011

Glen Rose Getaway

A couple weekends ago, Brad and I had a chance to getaway for a few days for a babymoon as well as to celebrate Brad's birthday and our upcoming 7th anniversary. We stayed in a quiet little cabin on the Paluxy River in Glen Rose, which is about an hour from Fort Worth. It was a laid back, peaceful and relaxing time...just what we needed!


It was really nice to not have any distractions (no TV, no laptop, etc.) so that we could be intentional during our time together and reconnect in a sense. Seven years of marriage isn't that long, but it is long enough to realize that it takes effort at times, especially after a little one enters the scene.

One night we played Scrabble and during Brad's last turn, the word he spelled was Haven. This is significant because Haven was on the top of my list of names for our baby girl. I looked up at Brad with a big surprised smile thinking it was a sign or something. He proceeded to tell me that after much thought (up until that point he hadn't suggested any names and would just say that he needed more time to think about it), he also wanted to name her that and gave his reasons why. He told me that during the whole game he was trying to get all the letters to spell Haven and had to cheat a little at the end to do it...I thought it was such a sweet, thoughtful way to tell me. We are praying that Haven will be a safe place and a comfort to those around her. We feel that others will be drawn to her because of this. Still working on a middle name.:)

Our last stop before we made it home was to buy Brad some cowboy boots for his birthday. He has been wanting some ever since we moved to Fort Worth and even said he might want a hat next (what?!?).

Thank you Gigi for taking such good care of our little one! Funny...after you left, she has been asking for Lucky Charms for breakfast every morning.

5 comments:

  1. Aw Kel, I LOVE how Brad told you he was ok w Haven!! What a sweet, thoughtful Man you have!! I teared up a little! :)

    Can't wait to meet your baby girl!!

    Love ya
    tiff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree---what a precious way to tell you he liked Haven too! Cute, cute, cute.

    And I heartily approve of the awesome cowboy boots! I wish I could get Luke to wear the pair his Pa gave him, but he is not having it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet story! love the name too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! You guys have such a special marriage and this story just says it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bruce Men are such sweeties! We better not let Brad and Billy get together... Billy wants a hat too and I'm not sure I can handle it yet. :-) Pic of Anna and Gigi is so sweet as well as the one with you two on the swing!

    ReplyDelete