Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sister Love


A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty



I chose this quote because I have found it to be true in my own life (I could substitute the word with brother as well). If these first eight weeks are any indication of the type of bond these girls will have, I predict they will be the best of friends. It thought the newness of Haven would have worn off by now, but Anna still can't get enough of her. I was telling a friend today that I was thinking of buying Anna a couple of new toys, but there was no point because she has little interest in anything but Haven.

When I bring Haven into Anna's room to get her out of her crib in the morning, Anna ALWAYS asks if Haven can get in big sissy's crib.
Smothering Haven with kisses.
Brushing her hair. Anna told me it was tangled.
Often says "I want to go see Haven" and is so tempted to wake her up if she finds her asleep.
Makes sure Haven has a pacifier in her mouth at all times, whether she wants it or not!

As you can tell from the following pictures, sweet Haven is learning patience from a very young age.
I wouldn't want a praying mantis or a killer bee on me either!
As you can see, Anna likes to put things on Haven. Even her two special lovies, Rosie and Pinkie. I hope this is a sign that she is going to share with her sister in the future. :)

I do really love how she wants to include Haven in everything she does. Here is a conversation we had yesterday in the car:
A: Mommy, do you see the workers? (she always points out construction workers and we talk about their hardhats, what they are building, etc.)
Me: Yes honey, I see them.
A: When I get bigger, I'm gonna be a worker. (pause) And Haven is too.
Me: That is so sweet that you want to be a worker with your sister!


My pretty babies before church one morning. Thanks Aunt Karri for the matching dresses!



I think Anna loves that she has a captive audience. And by captive, I mean isn't able to escape.:) She loves "teaching" Haven everything she knows. In this video, she is telling Haven about the animals on her mobile and her lovies that she is sharing.

5 comments:

  1. You have become a great blog updater! Love the first picture of them smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! The video is SO cute! I love hearing little kiddos talking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green bracelet on Haven is hilarious! She's so unphased! Anna is such a sweet big sister.

    ReplyDelete