Monday, October 14, 2013

First Days of School

In September, Anna and Haven started preschool at the church school Anna went to last year.  This year she goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Haven is there on Tuesdays.  They both did great on the first day and went right into their classes.  In fact, Haven ran in without looking back.  

Anna has a great teacher this year named Mrs. Janie and she is just one of those animated, positive people that you want to be around.  I love the way she encourages parents - we need it.  On one of the first days she told me "you hit the jackpot with this one!" when talking about Anna. 
 
 Sweet Sisters
They were so proud to wear the monogrammed backpacks that Aunt Courtney and Uncle Billy gave them.
 
 Haven's first report card.  Describes her perfectly!

Anna also goes to Museum School at the Fort Worth Museum of Nature and Science for 2 hours a week.  I signed her up for it because she is so interested in animals and that accounts for about 80% of the curriculum.  I had also heard only wonderful things about it.

They often have live animals in the classroom and here she is with Oreo the bunny.
 

She LOVES it and asks if she can go to Museum School two days a week instead of her other school.  When I pick her up she tells me all the interesting facts about the animal they learned about that day.  For example, the other day they learned about cats and she explained to me the difference between a wild and domestic cat and told me she wished her nails were retractable like cats' claws.  On the day they learned about dogs, she told me that gray foxes can climb trees.  I am learning new things too!   

No comments:

Post a Comment