Monday, October 28, 2013

1 Month!

 
He may be my third, but I am determined to do monthly posts like I did for his sisters!  This little guy has been with our family for over a month now!  Little did I know how incomplete our family was without a baby BOY.  He has been like most normal newborns sleeping most of the time and eating and pooping a lot (seems to me more than the girls did).  After he turned about a week old he started getting fussy after feedings and was showing signs of reflux.  I read some scientific studies about using probiotics to help and I really think it made a difference.  The reflux obviously wasn't affecting his growth because these were his 1 month stats:
13.2 pounds ~ 95%
23.5 inches ~ 90%
38.7 cm ~ 50%
 
 Some of my favorite Caleb pictures:
Note the dimpled chin in this one.  The most common comment people make when they see him is about his chin that he gets from his daddy.
 
 
 One of my favorite outfits (thanks Marci!) that I am so sad he has almost already outgrown!
 
 It looks like he is roaring while wearing this Lion onesie which is another one of my favorites.
 
 I'm so thankful for this swing which has faithfully rocked and calmed all three of my babies.
  He has had a few firsts this month, including his first bath.  He didn't like the first one, but has liked all his baths since then.
 
 
 I also caught him sucking his thumb for the first time.  I think it might have been a fluke, but I would love another thumb sucker like Anna.  He is already a pretty good sleeper without it and by week four,  was consistently giving me 5 hour stretches at night. 
 
  First photo shoot with cousin Thomas.  These two are less than 6 months apart and will be best buddies one day.  My sister and I separately found these onesies on clearance at Old Navy.  We have the same similar cheap taste. Ha!
 
  This is more of a first for me...the first time I loaded up all three of the kids to go somewhere.  Is this really my life now?  I'm one of those SUV driving moms with a car full of kids!  And I'm dreaming of getting a minivan!   
 
 Another life with all three shot.  Caleb is definitely the center of all our attention and is basically only alone when he is sleeping in the pack-in-play. 
 
He prefers to be held and most of the time, we don't mind!  Daddy with his mini-me, one of Caleb's nicknames is Baby Brad.
 
  This is how Caleb and I spent much of his first month...nursing and hanging out on the couch.  I also spent much of the first month looking as tired as I do in this picture.
 We did get off the couch and got cleaned up to go to our friend Mindy's wedding.  Daddy was out of town, so Caleb was my handsome date.
 
 These girls truly "love" on their little brother ALL the time and it hasn't really lessened since the day he came home.  As I was going through all of the precious pictures of them with him, I decided the siblings deserve a separate post.

1 comment: