Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fun Weekend

This past weekend was full of so many fun things, I decided that I needed to blog about it. On Fri. we went with Billy and Courtney to the Behold the Lamb of God Christmas concert. I have had this CD for years and this is the second time I have attended the concert. I could go on and on about it, but I will try to keep it short. By far, this is the best concert I have ever been to. I forget about everything else going on and just get swept away by the heart of true worship to Christ. Andrew Peterson set out to make a Christmas CD that tells the story of the coming of Christ throughout the entire Bible. Each year, him and several of his friends tour the country performing the songs on the CD.

One of the songs is called Labor of Love and it is about the night that Mary gave birth to Jesus. One of the verses is “the baby in her womb, he was the maker of the moon, he was the author of the faith, that could make the mountains move”. It humbles me to think that Jesus left the splendor of heaven and being in the presence of the Father to become a little baby born to a peasant family and young mother. Evenmore, that He would later bear the sins of the world...my sins...and hang upon a cross so that we can have a relationship with God.

If you are interested, you can watch a short documentary on the making of the CD/tour here.

On Sat. we had some good friends come to visit. It is so nice to get to spend time with a friend you have know for about 20 years (I can't believe it has been that long Vanessa)! I had hoped to take them to White Rock Lake or the Arboretum, but the weather was pretty cold, so we did what Dallasites do best...went to a mall. The best part of the visit was watching Parker and Anna play (as much as a 22 month old and a 7 month old can "play" together). John mentioned wanting to move to Dallas...we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Finally, on Sunday we attended Luke David Diehl's cowboy first birthday party. All of the cowboy decor was so cute including this little wagon to take pictures in and the stick horse party favors.

1 comment:

  1. Precious Anna in the wagon!

    That concert sounds amazing, I'll have to check out that CD.

    ReplyDelete