Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

I have to say this was the most joyful Christmas we have had in a long time. All of the little ones made it so much fun. We stayed with my sister who cooked some amazing (sorry Karri, I just had to use your favorite word) meals. We also started some new traditions that created a sense of togetherness and memories.

Last year I took piano lessons so that I would be able to play music for my children. I just learned the basics and don't play for Anna nearly enough, but I was determined that we would sing Christmas carols as a family this year. I was on keyboard, Brad was on the trumpet, and Lucas was on the Jingle Bells. It wasn't pretty but it sure was fun!
As a family we put together a 500 piece puzzle within a two day period.


We got a new advent calendar and Brad and I decided on different verses in the Bible to read for each day and then found a little toy or trinket that went with the verses. (Maybe next year we will actually do the readings everyday!)
On Christmas day we read the Christmas story out of Luke together as a family taking turns. Luke 2:19 says Mary treasured up all these things in her heart and pondered them. That is how I felt this Christmas.
(I think they got a little overstimulated in the end :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, family musical performances and advent calendar verses...Tim and I didn't even put our tree up this year! Chumps, we are. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you were playing the piano! i remember that you took lessons last year but didn't realize that you were doing it for your sweet kids to be! i love that! looks like you had tons of fun and i love all the cousins in their matching pjs!

    ReplyDelete