Thursday, January 26, 2012

8 Months!

Yes, those are tears in her eyes. She did not want anything to do with another photo shoot, but good thing it is easy for me to get her to smile. Most of the time. Sorry kid, we've done 7 months of these and we have to get through all 12!

She sprouted hair this month and I've started to transition from a headband to a clip.
She also sprouted her top two teeth and seems to be in a constant state of teething. She is biting everything and often won't let go of the spoon when I am feeding her.
Her favorite toy combination is Missy (Anna's beloved, favorite, must have all the time, will not share with ANYONE doll) and Missy's crib. This has created great drama within our home at times. She is so fast and mobile these days, it is hard to catch her in time.

These two really are sweet together much (wouldn't quite say most :) of the time. I know having these cribs so close together will become an issue one of these days, but for now it is fun for them. Almost every night when we put Anna in her crib, she starts jumping. Haven hangs on to her crib and tries to jump too. She'll even try to jump when we tell her to!
Reading together before bedtime. I love that they share a room so we do the bedtime routine of reading a book then the Bible and then praying together as a family.
I love a baby in just a diaper. She is happiest when she is standing. She pulls up on everything and I love when she crawls over to me and pulls up on my legs. It is one of my favorite phases.
The little stinker also loves to stand in the bath. She gets a big grin on her face when I tell her "no, no, no". I can't take my eyes off her for a second.
Another thing I love about this phase, is having a little one in the front of the cart to talk to. It makes grocery shopping less of a chore. I love when people stop to talk to Haven and ask me about her. I used to think that some people acted like they never get to see babies and then I realized that they probably don't. I'm in a special stage of life right now where I am surrounded by babies...my own, my sibling's, my friends, my neighbors, etc. These babies are going to grow up and it won't always be like this. If people want to get their baby fix with mine, I welcome it! Babies are good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment