Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Keystone, Colorado Part II - Skiing and Tubing Fun

Everyone in the group had been skiing before but not in several years (except for Aunt Monica, the native). It didn't take long before Brad and Giam were going down the blues. I was thankful that the blacks were closed due to lack of snow so that Brad couldn't try anything too crazy. He did get a helmet on his third day of skiing because he wanted to try the jumps. He just went off some small ones and even told me that thinking about how he was the sole provider of the family kept him from trying something he shouldn't. :)

This is the bottom of a blue and I think Brad is on the far right.
I opted not to ski this time since I didn't want to have to mess with nursing Haven or pumping in between runs. I did go tubing one day and had a blast! The ski resort employees tried to make it fun and made us try all these different ways of going down the chute. I told Brad that I realized I actually hadn't thought about the girls for a couple of hours. It was kind of funny because some of the skiers were making fun of us tubers on their way up the lift. One guy even bawked at us like a chicken. We didn't care because we were having fun!

Karri, Me, Brad, Giam and Lucas making a tube train.
Lucas and Giam

No comments:

Post a Comment