Monday, September 10, 2012

Family Getaway

A couple weeks ago while everyone else was starting school, we headed to the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop.  With all the activities and amenities, this place is ideal for families.  We went at the perfect time when rates were half off and the resort was only 27% occupied.  My only regret is that we didn't pay extra for a suite so the kids could have their own room.   

On the way there, we met up with the Dunhams at Phil's, one of our favorite kid-friendly restaurants in Austin.


We got to hang out with Oliver and Sawyer, their miracle, identical twin boys. 
The last time we saw them they were tiny babies in the NICU and now they are healthy, adorable 8 month olds.
What is the first thing anyone does when they walk into a hotel room?
We put bathing suits on right away and headed to the splash pad and pool.  Anna had so much fun with the other little girl in the picture.  She kept asking me if her friends or cousins would be at the resort.  She would go up and introduce herself to all the other little kids and join in with whatever they were playing.  I don't know where she gets that from???

The resort had a few areas where they planted native vegetation to attract hummingbirds, butterflies and other insects. 
 This was one of my favorite parts of the resort, but the girls didn't exactly share my enthusiasm for nature.
This bench was in the butterfly meadow and right before I took this picture, Anna asked if she could play with my phone.  I was like, you have got to be kidding me, there are all kinds of amazing creatures and plants to look at and you want to watch some cheesy cartoon on my phone!  She isn't even allowed to have my phone unless we are in the car.  What are we going to do with what my neighbor calls the i generation!?!
There were donkeys and llamas to look at.
Brad was excited to show Anna one of his favorite childhood games, tetherball.  Until the ball barely grazed her head and she lost it.  Moments like this remind me that Brad needs a boy. :)
He sure does love these girls though!
One of the activites was finding a cherry buried in whip cream only using your mouth. 
I was so proud of Anna for digging right in since sometimes she doesn't like to get dirty!
We spent a majority of our time at the amazing pool with a beach, slide and lazy river.
I lost count of how many times these two went down the slide together.

Haven usually doesn't like to be confined to highchairs, carseats, shopping carts, etc. but was surprisingly chill and relaxed in the tube. 
Love these two.
In the evenings they had a firepit with smores.  For the girls it, was a perfect way to end the day.
(don't you love what Brad called my 80's hair? it fell in my face right when the stranger took our picture)
 

2 comments:

  1. This place looks like so much fun - I want to check it out sometime. Sweet pictures and glad you got great family time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! We went there over memorial day weekend with blakes family and it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete