Friday, April 26, 2013

Easter Weekend 2013

 The girls went on their second Easter Egg hunt with our church and thankfully, there were plenty of eggs for each child.   
 
 They were excited to find their baskets on Easter morning.  I love the enthusiasm they have over little things at this age.
 We made our traditional resurrection rolls and they helped tell the Easter story since we had been doing the Resurrection Eggs and reading Benjamin's Box the previous couple of weeks.
 Our sweet girls ready for church on Easter Sunday.
 Later that day, our Fort Worth cousins came over for another egg hunt.
 Why did I think I could get them to look up for a picture when I had just sat them down with their Easter baskets?
 Brad hasn't had a grill for over 5 years, so he was excited to finally get one and "grill out".  He used Uncle Michael's secret technique for the steaks.
 How fitting it was to have a precious new life with us this Easter, little Thomas not even two weeks old.
This year I found that doing the Resurrection Eggs and book was not just for Anna, but helped me focus on the significance of Easter as well.  It was hard to tell Anna about the terrible things that Jesus endured and then to explain why.  For several days, she asked me repeatedly "why did Jesus have to die?".  I struggled to not just give her a Sunday school answer, but being that she is only 3 (almost 4), it was hard to find the right words to express the depth of that answer.  I rest in knowing that it is not up to me to give her all the "right answers".  I just want to keep giving her inspiration and opportunities to ask the hard questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment