Thursday, August 29, 2013

Belly Shots

I don't want to forget this special time of my baby boy growing inside me, so I have had Brad take some pictures of me before church a few times.  These shots were at 34 weeks.
Both girls talk about their brother and hug and kiss my belly all the time.  Anna makes a point to give him a hug and kiss every night.  Haven also likes to try to playfully hit it.  She is not trying to hurt me or baby brother, but I think in a way that is how she is wanting interact with him.  Should be interesting to watch those two as they grow up together!


Here I am again at 37 weeks.
(On a side note...these girls...how precious are they?.  I often ask them "are you really mine?".  Four years of being a mom and sometimes I still can't believe what gifts I have been given.)
The other day I there was a very pregnant lady in the line next to me telling her cashier that this was her third pregnancy and she was immune to any comments people make to her.  That same day I had one person tell me that I looked so small for being 37 weeks and a different person ask if I was carrying twins!  I don't mind the comments - good or bad - because I realize it is not everyday that you see a woman who is 9 months pregnant.  It is special sight to see because it is a sign of new life and it is worth talking about!

Since I am hoping to be able to do a VBAC, it is important that I go into labor at or before my due date.  Anna was just a day late and Haven was 6 days late, so this pregnancy I started taking evening primrose at 36 weeks.  If anything, pshycologically I feel like I am helping the baby come by my due date.  :) At my 37 week check up, I was already 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced so who knows! 

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics! I am mostly impressed that these were taken before church...we are always rushing out the door but you look so relaxed :)

    ReplyDelete