Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Home Away from Home

In July, we went to Austin for a weekend and were so refreshed by time with old friends and family.  As content as I am to live in Fort Worth and grow deeper roots with each passing season, Austin just still feels like home when we go there.  I don't know if that feeling will ever go away and I think that is o.k.  I'm glad we live close and have plenty of reasons to visit!

We hung out with my college roommate Rachel and her family the first day, but I failed to get pictures.  I wish I had because she has the most smiley little boy I have ever seen.  The girls loved Henry!

The next day we saw our friends who we were in a church homegroup with nine years ago!  At that time, none of us had kids and we all lived in Austin with no extended family around so we really bonded.  These are still some of our closest friends and our group has been through a lot together - infertility, premature babies in the hospital, moves and job changes, and even a heart transplant.  God has been good through all of it and now we have added 7 (soon to be 8) kids to the mix.


They wanted to celebrate our baby boy and had a little baby sprinkle for us.  
Frank made the creative cake - the Garcia's are know for their cakes. :)

Watching some Wildkrats so the adults could have a few mostly uninterrupted minutes to talk.
Jean got these stick on moustaches for all the kids and they lasted long enough for a couple pics.

Are these babies really four now?
 

The main reason we went to Austin was to celebrate my niece, Jeri Anne, turning one!
I tried taking pictures of her, but she is hard to keep up with.  She started taking steps around 9 months and has not slowed down!  She is such a curious and confident little thing.   

Helen had a cute balloon theme and her friend made this adorable cake.

Sweet little Jeri brought our whole family together which doesn't happen very often.


Jeri, you are so full of LIFE and we are thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment