Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Swimming

We spent a lot of time at the pool this July since both of the girls took lessons.  They asked everyday if they could go to swimming and gained so much confidence in the water.  Swimming was my sport at one time and it is fun for me to see the girls enjoy it while improving their skills.
Also, the cover-ups, flip flops, matching suits and swim caps are just too cute.

 
 Haven was obsessed with watching Anna when she was not swimming herself.
   
 Anna started to learn how to do strokes side breathing.
 
 Haven's lessons focused on skills as well as safety, and she learned how to turn to her back to breath and then kick to the side of the pool.
 

The swimming pool has also been a sanctuary of sorts for me this summer.  It is such a good exercise when you are pregnant because you don't even feel pregnant (except when you have to heave yourself out of the pool if the lane with the ladder is taken).  I really have not had much discomfort during this pregnancy and I attribute it to swimming.  I read that the breaststroke especially helps to strengthen muscles that can counteract the misalignment that can occur as your body changes during pregnancy.  Also, it increases oxygen flow to the baby and I've noticed that he gets more active when I'm in the pool.  I'm so thankful for the YMCA pool and childcare!

1 comment:

  1. I gotta find something like this near us.

    ReplyDelete