Sunday, December 8, 2013

These THREE!

These girls really LOVE their brother and having around. 
 
 Sometimes too much.  I am constantly reminding them to give him some space. 

 
 He does really light up when they get in his face though.  Sometimes when he is fussing and I am in the middle of something, Anna is very helpful and entertains him to calm him down.   They sing and read to him and are already teaching him is ABC's.
 From Day 1, Anna has been constantly saying "Mommy, isn't he ADORABLE!  He is the cutest baby in the world!".  We are trying to teach humility, but the girl is right!
 In the beginning, she asked to hold him all the time.
 Both girls have been very eager to "help" and fight over who can get me a burp rag, diaper, etc.  
For the most part, I have been surprised that they have not expressed much jealousy of Caleb.  As the story goes, shortly after my brother was born, I took him out to the curb on trash day so I was expecting some of that.  They have had a few moments.  Anna recently told me that she hasn't gotten to be with me as much and that I used to be more fun (it is hard to be as playful with a baby in my arms).  She also sometimes tell me to feed my girls first and then feed brother.
 The day we brough Caleb home, Haven said "I'm going to get my blankets!" and ran to her room to get them from her crib.  Then she ran to our room and I wondered what she was doing.  She came out and told us that she put them in Caleb's crib (the pack-n-play in our room).  Those blankets are her precious lovies that she sleeps with everynight.  She has such a generous spirit and she challenges me to try to give as freely as she does!
 She asks to hold him and then about five seconds later says "here mommy" and she is over it.  She also has had her moments and occasionally tells me to brother down and come with her.


 

 I'm just trying to enjoy all this love while it lasts because as soon as brother is mobile, we may have some issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment