Sunday, August 21, 2011

My New Favorite Summer Spot

Four years ago, when we were considering moving to Dallas, I was researching the area and googled "Dallas swimming holes" because I loved going to the ones in Austin. Burger's Lake was one of the top results and it has been on my list of places to go. We finally got a chance to go and LOVED it! It is a laid back, retro water park that is a throw back to the fifties when life was simpler and slower paced. For example, they have a lifeguard that circles the diving area on a surf board. Instead of whistling at kids to be careful, the lifeguard by the trapeeze was giving people tips on how to do better tricks!
Playing on the sandy shore was the closest we will come to being at a beach this year.
Then the whole fam went swimming in the shallow area.
Love this pic of me and my girls in the water.
After that, Brad and I took turns going on the trapeze and the diving boards. After watching all the tweens do fancy tricks, I was inspired to do a front flip. On my 32nd (gasp!) birthday, I felt like a kid again!
Brad tried to give me a heart attack and did a back flip off the high dive.


After watching us, Anna got brave and wanted to go off the small diving board...without her floatie!
Align CenterI'm looking forward to spending many summer days here and creating some great memories with Anna and Haven.
Snow cones were the perfect way to end our time there! It was so refreshing to go to a place that just wants to create a fun place for families and was affordable too.

2 comments:

  1. Awww love all the pics! I've never been there before but looks like we need to go! So glad you had fun on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up going to burger lake!

    ReplyDelete