Monday, August 1, 2011

Keepin' it Weird

On our way to and from San Antonio we stopped and hung
out in Austin for a bit. I can't drive through Austin and not at least stop to eat. When I lived in Austin, I don't think I ever contributed to the weirdness because let's be honest, I'm pretty normal and boring. :) BUT, I always appreciated the uniqueness and creativity of the people and culture there.

When I saw this kid's shirt on sale at Amy's, our favorite ice cream place, I had to get one for Anna. Amy's is one of those places that helps to keep Austin weird. For example, their application is a white paper bag that applicants have to do something creative with, and the only requirement is that their contact info be written somewhere on the bag. Some employees also do tricks like throwing the ice cream scoop in the air and catching it in the cup. When is the last time you saw something like that at Cold Stone?
We also took Haven for her first "swim" in Barton Springs just like we did with Anna when she was about 3 months old.
This time, Anna cried when we got in because the water is 68 degrees.
I think it was also because Brad and I kept talking to each other about how cold it was going to be and she picked up on that. Within a couple minutes she was loving it.
The best part of visiting Austin was seeing old friends. We got to have dinner with Brian and Jean and they met Haven for the first time. I was also so excited to see my old roommate, Rachel, who FINALLY moved back to Texas with her husband, Lee, after living in New York City for the last several years. I'm still trying to get my other old roommate, Cara, to leave New York for Texas but am not having much luck. :( I can't wait to go back to Austin so we can all go to a football game together!

No comments:

Post a Comment