Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Giving

It is easy for little ones to understand the concept of receiving on Christmas since all of us want to love on them and have the desire to give them good things. It is much harder for them to understand the concept of giving since they aren't able to give completely on their own at such a young age. I love to get ideas from other moms about how they teach their children things, so I thought we would share some ways we tried to teach Anna about giving this Christmas season.

There was a Salvation Army kettle outside of the grocery store we go to, so I always let Anna put money into it. We would talk about why we were going to put money in the kettle on our drive to the store. The bell ringer was sweet and always let Anna ring the bell which made the giving even more fun.
Align CenterWe got to help our church out with it's Angel Tree program this year and I tried to let Anna be a part of that. She helped me deliver presents to some boys and girls and she really wanted to meet them.
I made Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls to give to friends and family. By the way, they are amazing and if they didn't take so much effort I would never buy ones in a can again! It was two days before Christmas and I was getting stressed so Anna did not help me make them (thanks for watching her Gigi!). But she did help deliver them.
Align Center
I'm not sure how much Anna got out of those activities, after all she still won't share her new toys with her sister. :) But I do know that she is a sponge and is observing all that we do, making it so important for Brad and I to try to be generous with what we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment