Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Just One Girl

  A few days before her birthday, Anna and I had a special day with just the two of us or as she likes to say just one girl.  I tried to say yes to most of her requests since I feel like so much of the time the answer is no.  That meant she got to do things like: 

Ride in Haven's carseat which she frequently asks to do, but since Haven is always with us she can't.
  
Drink chocolate milk with lunch.  (These chocolate milks are usually reserved for her special treat after being good after our weekly trip to the grocery store.)
 Eat her pink cupcake eventhough she hardly touched the rest of her lunch.
 She got to choose where to go and on the way to the IMAX movie, changed her mind and decided on the zoo.


 We usually walk past the bird exhibit and just look in through the windows.  This time, she asked if we could go in and feed them.  Since it was her day and the bird food was only $1, we did it!
 During this trip to the zoo, I noticed it was a little different...she is growing up.  She preferred to walk and hold my hand instead of riding in the stroller.  (Thank goodness she still wants to hold my hand!)  She did some of the children's activities like the one in this picture and instead of just spinning it around, she actually matched all the parts together to make a picture.  These are just little things, but I thought to myself, she really is growing up so fast and I don't want to miss any of it!

2 comments:

  1. I love doing that kind of stuff with the twins - both the one on one time and a day of saying "yes". Fun for them and for mommy! Looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love... anna is def growing up. :-( slow down please sweet lil girl.

    ReplyDelete