Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Three!

  This is the last picture of Anna as a two year old.  Yes, she is still in a crib but I think that will be changing very soon.  As I put her to bed on May 5th, we talked about how the next day she was going to be three.  When she woke up, she kept saying "I turned three while I was sleeping!".
  
After she woke up, w got ready for church and ate "balloon" pancakes that daddy made.
 And then she opened a couple presents.  She was excited to get a little train set since that what she loves to play with at her boy cousin's and friend's houses.
 We went to church and her little class sang Happy Birthday to her.  After lunch, Gigi stopped by to give Anna her easel and some new pjs which she loved.
  
 After naps, we headed to lifegroup and celebrated Anna again!  I love this picture because Anna is surrounded by people outside of our immediate families who love her.  Camille is holding the cake and Lauren is holding Haven for me and I was just sitting back taking in the moment with such joy.
 Maybe the most special part of they day was before bedtime when daddy told Anna the story of her birth.  At first, I was a little disheartened because she kept whining to read a book and was sqirming around.  After the first few sentences, she realized this was a special story just about HER and she laid still as daddy rubbed her hair and we remembered that life-changing day.  She wanted to hear it again and again.
It was the perfect way to celebrate this little life that God has entrusted to us.  My precious first-born daughter, the one who made me a mom, I love you so much.

1 comment:

  1. so sweet...great post! love the description of her 'story'.

    ReplyDelete