Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Birdhouse Birthday

 Since the girls nursery is a birdhouse theme, I decided to use that for the theme of their first combined birthday party.  I'm hoping I can get away with combining their parties for a long time.  It took some effort to prepare for the party, but I kept reminding myself that I just had to do it once a year!  It was fun to see it all come together and Anna loved talking about her party as we prepared for it.
 \
 
I tried to have bird themed food so I served these birdfeeders on a stick (peanut butter, mini chocolate chips and nuts on a preztel rod), deviled eggs, chicken minis and fruit.
I made this birdhouse cake for Anna.
And nest cupcakes for my baby bird.  A big thanks to my friend Lori for showing me how to make them!
Can you tell she loved them?
Peep Smores for favors.

I found some adorable bird clothespins at World Market and used them for Haven's 12 month banner
And a banner of cute sister pics.
One day I might learn how to sew, but in the meantime I ordered these birdhouse print skirts off etsy.
I set up a craft table to make fruit loop bird feeders and paint wood feeders and was so excited that the kids really got into the crafts.
They turned out so cute!
And several of the kids were proud of their work.
Of course, the bounce house was a hit.
  
We were so thankful for the friends and family who were able to come and celebrate with us.
 
 
This was Haven's gift from Gigi and she makes a beeline to it whenever we go in the backyard.
My sweet, pregnant sister-in-laws.  Courtney (left) is due June 7th and Sandy on August 21st (my birthday :).
I was determined to get a family picture and since none were very good, I decided to post the one that I looked best in. :)
Daddy with his baby girl.
After it was over, I was so happy and relieved that the party went as well as it did!

2 comments:

  1. this is so, so, so adorable! i love it so much - you went to such incredible work and it turned out great! next year, sawyer and oliver want to come :) happy birthday anna and haven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fabulous job Kelli! Your pictures are beautiful too! So glad we got to celebrate your beautiful loves!

    ReplyDelete