Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Our Little Light


Little Light by Matt Hammitt

Look at all the angels watching you
They're singing songs that we have never heard
And their voices ring like bells over the mountains
Oh, if only we could hear their words

God is near, little girl
God is near, little girl

Your eyes are brilliant, deep sky blue
Their quiet wisdom is an evening song
And the angels must be breathless at your beauty
Like the world catches its breath before the dawn

God is near, little one
God is near, little one

Jesus bends to hear you breathe
And His tender hands are holding you tonight
And His heart is ravished when you look, when you look at Him
And oh, the endless mercy in His eyes

God is here, little light
God is here, little light
Oh, God is here, little light
God is here little light

I sat in a puddle of tears last night as I put this together.  
My heart ached in such a good way as I watched Haven grow from a tiny infant into a joyful, toddling girl. 

The lyrics express me feelings so perfectly.
If there is one thing I desire for my daughter, it is for her to know that her God is near.  
Always.

My little girl, my little one, my little light, your life is a precious gift and we celebrate that today!

3 comments:

  1. She is a light! What a fast wonderful year it has been. Love you Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh... okay tissue alert needed for this post! sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was such a beautiful slide show. It is true Haven is such a little light! I loved the last picture with her big grin!

    ReplyDelete