Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Fun

A few of the fun things we did to celebrate springtime and Easter this year:

Anna painted hard-boiled eggs with watercolors. They turned out great and weren't as messy as the dyed eggs. As she was painting them, she kept talking about how bootiful they were. :)

Another day, we made these Stained Glass Easter Cookies that were a fun and easy food craft for Anna.

Of course, eating them was the best part.

While many Easter activities and traditions are just plain fun, I wanted to find one that Anna could participate in and focused on Jesus being risen. I found a blog about these Resurrection Rolls and we made them with Brad on Saturday morning. As we made them, we told her the story of Jesus being put into the tomb and then being risen three days later. Honestly, I thought she was a little young to understand and was just having fun being with us in the kitchen. When we woke Anna up from her nap later in the day, she was talking about Jesus in the tomb and the rock being rolled and the mommies (that is what Brad called the three Marys when he told the story) who went to see Him. She kept saying He is risen. Again, I was reminded not to doubt her ability to understand things of eternal significance and the responsibility I have in teaching these things to her.

Later that day, we headed out to our church's Easter egg hunt. Here I am at almost 37 weeks, and this is one of the few pregnancy pictures that I actually like! I think the angle, lighting, and cutie on my hip make the photo more flattering.
I think it is funny how picking up Easter eggs and putting them in baskets seems to be almost instinctual for toddlers. So is opening them up and eating the candy!

Cute little thing in her dress jumping with all boys, including her good friend Andrew on the left.

Her cousins showed up looking handsome in their coordinating navy outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment