Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sprinkled With Love

My sweet sisters-in-law and sister gave me the perfect sprinkle to celebrate Haven's arrival. It was small and intimate just like I wanted! After all there is really nothing this baby girl needs anyway, but it was important to recognize and celebrate her life. I am so lucky to have all of the women in my life who were there!

Remember how Brad revealed to me that he also wanted to name our little girl Haven? Courtney came up with the idea to use scrabble letters to make the name places. So creative! I loved seeing "Haven's Mommy" in writing.
Me, my sis, and friend MarciMy sis-in-law Sandy, me and my sis
Gigi, Grandy, and Courtney
My sis brought cupcakes from what is in our opinion the best cupcake bakery in Fort Worth, the Cupcake Cottage.
Sandy always comes up with creative cookies and cakes (she should start a business one of these days) and this time was no different. She made these cute little duck cookies and some amazing chocolate dipped pretzel rods with baby footprints on them.
It was fun to get some new clothes and accessories for Haven so that everything she has will not be a hand-me-down from Anna.
Our church lifegroup also gave Brad and I a sprinkle to celebrate Haven and we felt so blessed! We have not been in Fort Worth for very long but have felt so loved and welcomed by these friends. Of course, we got some cute stuff for Haven but even more important than that, they took the time to pray over us. This was a very meaningful time for our family. During this time of prayer, one thing I felt the Lord speaking to me was that just as we desire for Haven to be a safe place and sanctuary to others, He is calling our family and more specifically Brad and I as her parents to be that for her as well. I have begun to pray that she feels this sense of safety and security from the moment Brad places her on my chest after she is born.

(I have pictures from this sprinkle, but right now they are being held captive by a virus on my computer!)

1 comment: