Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cowtown Half

Run half-marathon after second baby...check.

I trained with my friend Mindy. She is a personal trainer and without her persistence and encouragement, I'm not sure I would have gone through with it.
The first mile or so we got to run behind Elvis and a cow!
One thing I love about these races is getting to run through parts of town that you can usually only drive through. I thought it sounded fun to run through the Stockyards. Until I got there halfway through the race. It smelled like, well...the stockyards.This is the best picture Brad could get of me as he was trying to take a picture, hold Haven, and keep Anna from joining the race.
I was so happy to see them at the end. Knowing I would see them soon got me through the last 2 miles. I think it would be fun to do races like this with them one day.

4 comments:

  1. that's so fun Kelli! I'm training for one now too for my post baby #2 half too! lot harder to train with two kids!
    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER MOM!! You rock! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete