Sunday, February 5, 2012

The City of Cowboys and Culture

I recently heard that Fort Worth is called the city of cowboys and culture, and I think that is a perfect description. We went to the stock show to experience the cowboy side of things which is actually a culture in and of itself. Especially to this city girl! I mean, they were doing things like styling and drying cow's hair with blow dryers that looked like vacuum cleaners.

I think Brad fit in the best with his cowboy boots and mustache.
Haven had on cute little boots too.
Loved having this little monkey on my back so I didn't have to deal with a stroller in the crowds.
Anna loved seeing all the animals, especially the mama piggy and all her babies.
Anna was so excited to ride the pony because she heard that her friend Andrew got to ride one. Funny side note...see the bright pink pony behind Brad? While we were in line, I told Brad "whatever you do, don't let her ride that pink pony!". Luckily, some other little girl jumped on it first. When we were leaving the stock show, we asked Anna what her favorite animal was. She replied "the pink pony, I want to ride it next time". Brad and I looked at each other and laughed out loud, especially because she hadn't said one word about the pink pony until that point.
Anna got to ride on her first carnival ride. Riding the teacups with mommy seemed the most appropriate since we have tea parties almost everyday. She was a little cautious at first...
and seconds after the ride started, LOVED it!
We even rode it with no hands.

2 comments:

  1. Next trip Disney World for the original tea cups! Love the baby boots. Your pictures look really clear when blown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun family memories!

    ReplyDelete