Friday, February 10, 2012

L-O-V-E

My girl loves to party and loves to have friends/cousins come to HER house (I think most little kids do). Gathering people together has never come naturally to me...I prefer one-on-one interaction. In a book I highly recommend called Loving the Little Years, the author challenges parents to discover their children's gifts and encourage them, even when they are different from their own. In the end, both the child and parent grow. So, we had a little Valentine's party at our house.

And made these little lovebugs

with Lucas and Marcus
And pigged out on (at least I did) this red velvet cheese ball and animal crackers
with our friends Hungry (his name is Henry and Anna can say Henry but prefers to call him Hungry so I call him that too), Camille and Elliot
love his big eyes
and Ashley and Emilynn who is always dressed for the occasion.
Who needs a nap when you are having fun?
Since we've gotten into the Valentine's spirit, Anna made some Valentines of her own. I found this idea somewhere in the blogosphere where you tape a doily to piece of paper and then paint over it. I found some doilies at the Dollar Tree.

Anna striking an artist pose

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun, so sad we had to miss. Hopefully Anna can throw another party soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are such a good mom kelli! Such a cute party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww love this... sorry we missed out too. Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete